Servings (10 to 12) 3-ounce servings
- 1-1/2 cups of Toasted Coconut Milk, (My preference) Almond coconut milk, or Almond milk
- 4- oz. (1/4 cup) of organic Cacao Wafers
- 2- 1-1/2 pound sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1-1/2” rounds.
- ½ cup organic cocoa powder
- 1-teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons Pure Maple Syrup
- 1/3 cup Blue Agave Syrup
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 3-tablespoon coconut oil melted
- ¼ cup almond butter
- 1 ounce shot espresso coffee
- 2 -9 ounce containers of SO DELICIOUS (dairy free) Coco Whip, coconut whipped topping.
- Fresh mint chopped coarsely
- ¼ cup roasted pistachio nuts
- Heat the Coconut milk and Cacao wafers on medium heat to melt the chocolate. Use a wooden spoon and mix together until the chocolate is incorporated into the milk and you have chocolate milk Set aside.
- Steam the sweet potatoes in a steamer for 30 minutes or until soft. Use a paring knife to check for doneness. If knife slides in and out easily they are ready.
- Place the hot potatoes in a blender add cocoa powder, salt, and chocolate coconut milk. Cover and blend for 1 full minute. If it is too thick just add a bit more coconut milk to make in smooth and creamy, use a spatula to smooth down the sides of blender if needed.
- While blender is on add the Maple syrup, Agave, vanilla extract, coconut oil, almond butter, espresso coffee and process for 2 full minutes until creamy smooth.
- Pour into a bowl and cover with wrap and place in the refrigerator for an hour to chill.
- Remove the mousse from the refrigerator and add the 9-ounce container of coconut whipped topping and FOLD it into the mousse using a wooden spoon until it is incorporated and is fluffy.
WOULD LOVE TO SEE YOUR TAKE ON THIS MOUSE, TAG ME @CRISTINACOOKS