Vegetable Spring rolls are a perfect summer snack! Enjoy them also for lunch or appetizers to serve at a party! These little packages of mouth water goodness are packed with nutrients rich in anti-oxidants that are brain healthy, so indulge and enjoy!
VEGETABLE SPRING ROLES
- 6 sheets of Rice paper
- 6 fresh Butter Lettuce leaves
- 12 thai basil leaves or basil leaves
- 12 cilantro leaves (optional)
- ½ red bell pepper, julienne
- 1 medium carrot, julienne
- 2 celery ribs, julienne
- 1 small cucumber, julienne
- 1 small zucchini
Fill a large bowl or pie plate with warm water. Add the rice paper and let soak for 10 to 15 seconds
Place the wet rice paper on a clean dish- cloth.
Start building the inside of your roll with vegetables on the lower third of rice paper keeping the sides clear by 2” on each side.
Roll the rice paper over the vegetables once, then fold over sides to seal, continue to tightly roll until you have formed a cylinder.
Place on a serving dish and cover with damp paper towel while you finish rolling the rest.
Serve with dipping sauce
You can include or substitute any vegetable of your choosing. Also adding shrimp or tofu will add your protein!
3 DIPPING SAUCES
- 1 cup water
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon carrot, finely grated
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 crushed garlic clove
- ½ teaspoon dried crushed red pepper flakes
In a small bowl add the all the ingredients
Let it stand 10 to 15 minutes to blend flavors
- ¾ cup water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons reduced sodium soy sauce
- ½ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh ginger, grated
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
Add all of the ingredients into a small sauce- pot and whisk together well.
Bring to boil and continue to whisk until it thickens.
Remove from heat and cool to room temperature
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- 4 Tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon seasoned rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons sweet chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoon honey
- ¼ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ¼ teaspoon Kosher salt
Combine all ingredients in a blender and puree until smooth
Add more water 1 tablespoon at a time to reach desired consistency
Serve at room temperature!