Homemade candles to enhance your holiday table at a fraction of the cost of what it would be in stores. It brings warmth, light and beauty into your home.
- 6 Beeswax tapered candles
- Parchment paper
- Baking sheet
- Stainless steel bowl
- Christmas decorations
- Preformulated Premium Beeswax
- double boiler
- Place parchment paper on baking sheets
- Cut 2 of the wax blocks into pieces ( 4 cups )
- Melt wax in the double boiler, medium heat (5-10 min)
- Pour melted wax into stainless bowl
- While it’s still liquid, quickly dip decorative items such as pine cones, fake flowers, cranberries, etc into wax for light coating. Set aside on another sheet of parchment paper to cool.
- As the liquid begins to cool, use a spatula to scrape wax off the sides
- Continue scraping and stirring into a paste like mixture
- With a teaspoon, apply paste-like wax to sides of candle
- If the paste consistency of the wax begins to harden, place over a pot of hot boiling water until wax melts to paste consistency
- Now you’re ready to apply the decorations. Use the paste like consistency like a glue, applying it to the decorative items and placing at the base of the candle with two inches of the bottom exposed so you will be able to place candles in the holder.
CAUTION: Never leave lit candles unattended. Do not burn candle close to decorations, always extinguish candle 2 inches above the decoration.
What are some of your holiday crafts?