Anytime Snack: Granola
I always keep fresh home made Granola in our house! It’s everyone’s favorite breakfast and snack! I love it over Greek Yogurt and fresh berries, or enjoy a bowl with almond or coconut milk. I sprinkle over frozen yogurt and garden salads and carry it around as a snack for a quick pick me up! Enjoy!
5 cups Oatmeal
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoons table salt
1/2 cup Agave syrup
1/2 cup coconut oil
1 cup whole walnuts
1 cup raw almonds unsalted
1 cup raisins
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup dried cherries
- Pre -heat oven to 275.
- In large bowl add oatmeal, cinnamon, salt, mix well.
- heat the Agave syrup and coconut oil until warm, pour over oatmeal and use wooden spook to mix well.
- Add the walnuts and almonds, mix again.
- Bake for 20 minutes then turn baking pans so the back is in the front, give the pan a good shake.
- Bake for another 20 minutes or until the oatmeal is a rich golden caramel color.
- let cool for 15 minutes then add raisins, cranberries and cherries.
Note: Be care not to burn the sides, they have a tendency to brown quicker then the middle, if you see the oats are turning too quickly use a metal spatula to move them around.