Tamara Berg’s Chocolate Cake with Ganache and Fresh Strawberries
Go to COOKING “Home & Family” for today’s recipe
• Add 1 tablespoon espresso powder (incorporated into the water added to the mix) Add 1 tsp. cinnamon.
Then make chocolate ganache:
1 cup heavy whipping cream
12 oz semi sweet chocolate, chopped
3 T liquor (optional
• Place chocolate in a heat-safe glass bowl (Pyrex).
• Heat cream in a pan on medium-high on the stove until it begins to boil. Pour hot milk over the chocolate, and stir carefully until smooth and glossy and silky. Add liquor.
• Let ganache cool and pour over cake. The longer you let it cool, the thicker the glaze, so I let mine cool for at least ten minutes.
• Slice strawberries ½” thick and arrange in outward concentric circles to form a rose design.
• Refrigerate before serving.