Elizabeth Perkins’ Greek Salad
Go to COOKING “Home & Family” for today’s recipe
- No lettuce is used in this salad! It’s the way us Greeks make it!
- Box of small/medium ripe tomatoes
- Small red onion
- 4 Persian cucumbers
- Feta Cheese
- Virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe lemon
- Sea salt
- Cracked black pepper
- Fresh mint
- Kalamata olives
- Cut tomatoes in halves. Place in salad bowl.
- Thinly slice red onion (small slivers) using only ? of the onion. Not too much onion! Place in bowl with tomatoes.
- Slice the cucumbers thick and cut each slice in ½. Place in bowl with tomatoes and red onions.
- Crumble ¼ cup to ½ cup of feta cheese and place in bowl with the vegetables.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Cut lemon in ½ and squeeze over salad.
- Chop fresh mint and use with sea salt and cracked black pepper to taste!
- You can also throw in some Kalamata olives if you want!
“How To Live With Your Parents” star Elizabeth Perkins is featured in the documentary “Strength in Numbers” about the importance of a support system in the lives of diabetics. Visit diabetescostars.com for more information.