Cristina’s Ouzo Cured Salmon
Go to COOKING”Home & Family” for today’s recipe
- The salmon needs to be incredibly fresh (sashimi grade). Make sure the salmon was brought in that same day.
- Need a really good olive oil.
- To bring out the flavor, use fresh, not dried, herbs.
- Feel for and remove any pin bones from the salmon fillet. If the fillet has a white, string-like “tendon” running down the center, trim it away. Trim any gray flash on the skin side. With a sharp chef’s knife, slice the salmon thinly about ¼ inch thick or less on a slight diagonal and arrange the slices side by side, close together, on a chilled patter.
- To make a marinade, whisk together the lemon juice, ouzo, and honey.
- Gradually whisk in the olive oil.
- Spoon the marinade over the fish, then season the fish with salt and black pepper.
- Let marinate at least 10 minutes before serving. The fish will begin to change color, but will not be fully cured at that point; marinate longer if you like. Just before serving, garnish with pepper and dill.
Recipe For Using the Cured Fish to Make Salmon Pizza:
- Cure fish overnight/refrigerate.
- Take out of refrigerator.
- Prepare pizza dough (homemade or store-bought) and bake it.
- Top cooled pizza with crème fraiche.
- Slice, lay down salmon on top.
- Add 2 tablespoons scallions, chopped.
- Add 2 tablespoons fresh dill, chopped.
- Drizzle olive oil (1 tablespoon).
- Add lemon (a squeeze).
Get more great recipes from Cristina at: www.cristinaferrarecooks.com.