Chris Brugler’s Tomato Gazpacho With Manchego & Rustic Croutons
Makes 8 servings
Go to COOKING “Home&Family” for today’s recipe
*Note: Make sure you cut the garnish items while you are prepping the gazpacho ingredients.
- 3 pounds vine ripened tomatoes cut in halves
- 1 bunch basil washed and cut
- 4 cups sourdough bread cut into ½-inch pieces
- 2 red pepper seeds removed and diced
- 2 cucumber peeled and chopped
- 1 tablespoon red onion dice
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sherry wine vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- 1 cup water possibly 2 depending on the consistency you prefer
- ½ red pepper medium dice
- ½ cucumber medium dice
- 1 bunch scallions fine dice
- Sourdough croutons
- Manchego cheese shaving
- Add first 11 ingredients in a large mixing bowl, Squeeze and mix well so the juices are released from the tomatoes.
- Marinade gazpacho mixture for 1 hour. In a blender or food processor puree gazpacho mixture in batches.
- Strain gazpacho and adjust salt and pepper.
- Chill for at least 4 hours and up to 1 day.
- Serve in a chilled bowl top off with your garnish ingredients.
Get additional recipes from Chef Chris Brugler at http://chrisbruglercatering.com/.