Cristina’s Spicy Tuna Tartare On Sliced Cucumbers Or Ruffled Chips
Go to COOKING”Home & Family” for today’s recipe
• 1 teaspoon ginger, peeled and grated
• 1 tablespoon mirin
• 1/2 teaspoon dry mustard
• 1 tablespoons soy sauce
• 12 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
• 1 teaspoon peanut oil
• 1 tablespoon sesame oil
• 1/2 pound (8ounces) sushi-grade tuna; cut into small pieces, place in a bowl, cover, and refrigerate
• 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
• 1 medium shallot, diced small
• 1 scallion, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon cilantro, finely chopped
• 1 tablespoon finely chopped jalapeño
• 1 ripe avocado
• 2 organic cucumbers, chilled, and cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices, or 24 ruffled potato chips
• 1 fresh lemon, cut in half
For the Dressing
• Whisk together ginger, mirin, dry mustard, soy sauce, and rice wine vinegar. Slowly add the peanut oil and sesame oil to emulsify. Cover and set aside. You can make this dressing two days ahead of time.
• In a bowl, toss together the tuna, salt, shallot, scallion, cilantro, and jalapeno. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to allow the flavors to combine.
• Remove the tuna mixture from the refrigerator and pour in the dressing. Mix well.
• Peel and pit the avocado and cut into small pieces. Add to the tuna and mix gently.
• Place 1 heaping tablespoon of tuna on top of each cucumber slice or each potato chip. Garnish with cilantro, and serve immediately.