Go to COOKING “Home & Family” for today’s recipe
• 4 ripe avocados
• 1/2 medium white onion, finely chopped
• 1/2 cup cilantro, finely chopped
• 6 tablespoons fresh lime juice
• 1-1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
• 2 jalapenos, 1 finely chopped, and 1 sliced thin, for garnish
• 1 lime, sliced thin, for garnish
• Split the avocados along the sides and divide in half. Remove the pit, and scoop the avocado into a ceramic bowl. Mash with a potato masher (not a ricer) until smooth.
• Add the onion, cilantro, lime juice, salt, and chopped jalapeno, and continue to mash until the guacamole looks whipped and fluffy. Ad just the seasoning, adding more salt if necessary. Place an avocado pit in the middle of the guacamole to help keep it from turning dark. Garnish with sliced lime and jalapeño.
• Serve immediately with warm tortilla chips, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve. Refrigerate leftovers in an air tight container for up to 24 hours.
• Serve with warm tortilla chips. To warm tortilla chips, place them on a baking sheet in the oven at 400 F. for 3 to 5 minutes.
• Serve immediately.