Fall Recipes: The Perfect Heart Warming Pumpkin Soup
One of my go to recipes this time of year is this hearty, flavorful pumpkin soup! I serve it as a first course for dinner or for lunch along with a salad! In fact it was our tradition to serve this soup before we went with the kids, when they were little, to Trick or Treat through the neighborhood. Everyone who stopped at our door would mention how our home smelled like Christmas!
Ingredients For Pumpkin Soup:
- 1/3-cup olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry
- 1-teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 (29 ounce) can pure pumpkin
- 1 quart homemade chicken stock or store bought organic chicken or vegetable broth.
- 1 (6 ounce) package full fat cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- Read more »